The best recipe I have come across that can be used like sliced bread is for Oopsie Rolls. I’ve found the recipe on two sites, but if you do a quick web search you will find multiple sites. The only thing that I’ve not been able to replicate with them is a nice piece of toast from a toaster. Other than that these things are great! You can use them as a bun for burgers, as a bread replacement for sandwiches, and you can even warm them in microwave, top them with butter, garlic salt and a little parmesan cheese and you have instant near zero carb garlic bread!
- 3 large eggs
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Separate eggs-placing yolks in small mixing bowl and whites in medium mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese and cream of tartar to egg yolks in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once egg whites are done, reduce speed to medium and beat yolks, cream cheese and cream of tartar until combined.
- Fold yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Line pizza dough baking pan with parchment.
- Pour mixture onto pan making 5 – 6 mounds. Lightly flatten with spatula.
- Place in oven for 35 minutes. Ovens vary so check at 30 minutes. Rolls should be fluffy and lumpy in appearance.
- Let cool a few minutes and loosen from parchment.
After rolls have cooled tear parchment down the middle and fold rolls inside so that the parchment covers each roll. Place in self-closing bag and store in refrigerator up to a week
- 3 eggs – .5 x 3 = 1.5
- 4 oz Cream Cheese = 6 carbs
- Cream of Tartar = .23
WHOLE RECIPE TOTAL = 7.73
6 rolls/ 7.73 = 1.3 carbs per roll
FIRST PLACE I FOUND THIS AND MY FAVORITE PLACE FOR LOW CARB RECIPES