I recently took stock of all of the diet books I currently have in my possession. I’ve discovered 14; actually 15 if you include the one I have that describes what has been done, biologically, to the wheat plants in the United States over the past 40 years. I have books on Paleolithic diets, low carb diets, Mediterranean and South Beach diets, two (2) that describe the evils of sugar and one book by Denise Austin – I’ve always thought she has the best job in the world!
In the parking lot of my grocery store there is a book donation box and I seriously considered just dropping them all in; after all, I’ve been in possession of all this information and I am still 40 pounds overweight! That; however, would not be the SpiteHot way of being.
SpiteHot means to get healthy in spite of the outside influences that may hold you back. Let’s consider for the purposes of getting SpiteHot that the conflicting messages sent by the diet “industry” are the outside influences that may be holding you and I back. From this vantage point, here’s what I know:
- I know that I’ve tried several of the methods detailed in these books.
- I know that some work for me.
- I know that some don’t work for me.
- I know that I’ve been influenced to stop one diet and start another based on what is now new and improved.
- I also know that I love the bookstore and I can always find an excuse to buy a book that will help me to get healthy, just as I can always find an excuse to eat one more piece of pizza. But I digress-sorry!
Now, I am going to take the knowledge gained from my rather extensive library of diet know-how – both on paper and in memory – and craft my own plan. I am going to ignore the latest fad, study and FDA approved diet pill. I am going to keep a positive mind set and I am going to get SpiteHot!