One of the hardest things about changing your diet is working those changes into household routines. So I’ve been on the lookout for foods that fit my requirements and can be made right along with the traditional foods. Zucchini Fries fit this description perfectly. I found a basic recipe by doing a web search and then made a few modifications to make them very low carb. These guys are great and can be baked right along side frozen French fries.
- 1 small Zucchini squash
- 2 cups almond meal/flour
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup half and half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the zucchini into match sticks/French fry size pieces.
- Mix the egg and milk in a bowl.
- Mix the almond meal and Parmesan cheese in a separate bowl.
- Dip the zucchini in the egg and milk mixture, dredge in the flour mixture.
- Place in single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
Store leftovers in refrigerator for 1 – 2 days.
- 1 small Zucchini = 3
- Almond Flour = 3
- Egg = 1
- 1 cup half and half = .6
TOTAL ~ 12 fries = 7.6
6 fries = 3.8 carbs